Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Power Searching with Google (Classes 1-3)

Recently my class and I have been watching videos about how to be better at searching for specific things on Google. These videos are actually an online class you can take made by Google, it is called Power Searching with Google. These are a few of the important, helpful things we have learned so far.

Class 1
  1. I learned how to filter images by color which we be very helpful when I am looking for a specific image. In fact I used this yesterday in one of my other classes. 
  2. I found out that websites can't pay to be placed higher on Google search pages, that it solely depends on if the website is good for what you are looking for. I was surprised about this because I have had quite a number of teacher tell me not to trust Google for that reason.
Class 2
  1.   I learned that if the snippet has ... in it then what Google is giving you isn't a complete sentence. They are only giving you what you want to hear.
  2. I also learned about the many different types of media Google had. Sure I knew some of them but I had no idea that Google had patents, 3D models, recipes, or even discussions. 
Class 3
  1. In this class I learned how to filter the results from the query using operators. This will be helpful because I can look for something that is in a certain type of file.
  2. One of the most important things I learned in this class would be the use of quotation marks. No longer will my query get split up and jumbled around now I can search for the whole phrase and keep it together using quotation marks around the phrase.

Power Searching With Google Link

2 comments:

  1. http://rmhscompapps.blogspot.com/2014/02/power-searching-with-google-classes-1-3.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  2. IAS Coaching in DELH

    i love your bloge and It's very help full for me

    ias cooaching

    ReplyDelete